No. of Recommendations: 0
I have Safari syncing on my IOS devices (3) and Macs (2). There are approximatly 20 bookmarks in my Bookmark Bar-all but 5 are drop down folders/menus.

I noticed yesterday that my "News" bookmark folder was missing from all of my IOS devices. Perhaps I moved in off of the bar inadvertently. Quitting and restarting Safari on the IOS devices does not restore this book mark. Note: I have quit a few bookmarks nested in these folders.

My Macs still have the News bookmark (folder) and restarting Safari on those devices does not change that.

This is somewhat of a surprise to me as for years, any change I made to my bookmarks bar on my Mac was automatically reflected on my IOS devices. I'm pretty sure if I delete a bookmark on my iMac that it disappears in IOS. I'm now happy it isn't the other way around....

How do I restore the bookmark to my IOS devices? Do I turn Safari off then on again in iCloud Prefs? If so, under IOS or OSX (where the bookmark is still ok)?

Thanks,

Bill
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.