No. of Recommendations: 2
How about a boring company in a hot industry? EMBX is in the biotech industry, but they develop vaccines for chicken eggs. Pretty boring application for such exciting technology. P/E is 20 compared to 47 for the industry average. But their ROE is 32% and profit margin 18%. Sales increased 15% last years and net income 26%. And no debt. Got to be one of the best financially in the biotech industry but they are trading at half price.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Good pick,

but I like to add that if you look at the cash it has 4.49M and compare to market cap of 146.2M you can see that it has less than 5% stashed away. I find that a little bothersome.
(this is according to sep01 figures from yahoo.)

Also it is at an all time high. So chances for a drop are quite high. Good stock to keep on radar tough.
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hello mygirlfind

The 4.49m figure you quoted was MRQ or Most Recent Quarter and did not reflect the true cash status of the company. The true cash fiqure could be closer to 20%, but I didn't look into the yearly financials either. I do have a question for you. What would you consider an acceptable cash percentage for a decent company relative to its market cap? Or how about a great company? I'm a relatively new investor and could stand to learn something, Thanks!

Jim