Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

Let's face it, 401k and corporate savings plans are nice, but who's made money this way while still young enough to enjoy the spoils? Not many, but we still succumb to following the herd. At its most frustrating pinnacle, once you've made that nut to retire on, the government joins in and continues to errode the nut by taking thier fare share too. Heck, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if by the time I am old enough to retire that Uncle Sam doesn't create an "old folks" tax just to cover all the shít that goes wrong in our golden years so as not to burden the young working class with your ailments.

So, it brings me to the question, "Borrow or not to borrow?". Can I borrow enough today, invest it and get a return that nets a nice enough penny for me to begin thinking of early retirement? I think yes, but unfortunately do not have the strategy down that allows me to sleep at night knowing that I am leveraged to the hilt awaiting my ship to come in.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.