Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 5
Boss,

The ol' image is slippin'. [Michael, I really did want to nominate you, but I had to go with Bookgrrl this year.] I can assure you that this sad turn of events has neither my nor Burley's paw prints on it. As you know we have been exceedingly busy coaching the Rabid Frisky Cheerleaders [who, not surprisingly, DO have our paw prints on 'em, but I digress] to on how to properly mount [don't go there] the campaign to get you the award you so richly deserve. But it ain't gonna happen in a vacuum, boss. You gotta think great thoughts and do great deeds so's we have something to work with.

Plinthilly Yours,

Rabid Raggmopp

And then what, clean out the Augean Stables? You set a task that required – note past tense – a level that I have not (again note past tense) achieved and the odds that I will (note future tense) meet that requirement is a possibility outweighed by the past experience. Additionally, since my copy of The Reader's Digest is late this month I am plumb out of great thoughts.

And I am not too sure about great deeds. Bookgrrrl has that sewn up with Foolish Elves –Acts of Kindness.

Nonetheless, I shall try to rise to the occasion. Now all I have to do is have great thoughts and do great deeds – and if I can add some LBYM in sop much the better. So today's great thought and great deed:

If you have stained copper pans use ketchup as an exterior cleaner.

I'm doomed.

MichaelR

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.