Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 48
I'm somewhat mystified by the assertions that the Trump administration has "botched" the response to the pandemic. This is the result of wholly unwarranted assumptions.

Donald Trump is a criminal who runs a criminal organization. He has no interest in government nor in governing. When situations present themselves his only considerations are:
1) how can I and my cronies get a piece of the action
2) how can I make sure I stay in power

So if there's a need for tests, all that concerns our so-called president is how profits to himself can be secured. If there are numbers, they must be hidden and manipulated to present the best fiction to promote re-election. Any crisis is an opportunity to profit from the misery of others.

This is not a normal situation. Competent people are never put in charge of anything, only loyalists who can be counted on to do whatever is required by the mob boss.

Seen through this lens, everything makes perfect sense. Nobody in this administration cares if you die, just so long as somebody else gets blamed. The optimal result will be if things get so messed up that normal elections are impossible and something is arranged that they can easily fix. Wait for it.

People who treat this as normal politics are abjectly wrong.

-IGU-
(I used to think it couldn't get any worse than Nixon)
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.