No. of Recommendations: 0
Both, of course.

LOL @ what Dope said. There's probably more truth to that then I would like to admit.

Lot of truth to what Albaby said in response, as well - though I would suggest that shouldn't stop the Democrats from taking a stab at advancing some good legislation as far as they can, and if McConnell wants to watch it collect flies on his plate while complaining that Democrats are obstructionists and never have any good ideas then at least he's being consistent.

I would advocate strongly against Democrats making a show of investigations for the sake of political theater. Just let Mueller keep quietly investigating, indicting, and sentencing until someone looks around Trump one day and wonder where everyone else went. This business of trying to keep an electorate frothing and angry only works for Republicans. Democrats are going to quickly tire of a "death of a thousand subpoenas" approach to dealing with Trump's legal issues if they play it up like "Democrats doing something". They should keep him on a low boil in the background and let him whine about it on Twitter for the next two years, that will go over marvelously.

The inner Democratic Party strategist in me suggests that Dope is right that Orange Man Bad has run it's course. Time to be seen putting ideas out there and have them hit a Republican brick wall for the next two years. Build their legislative mandate in plain sight.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.