Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
Probably ill-timed as well... but I wanted more exposure to materials. I had nothing, then bought BBL in Dec. Passed on FCX - not well-run IMHO. Now the choice was DOW, DD and LYB; DOW won by a nose.
EMR is a little cheap compared to its history, still has a high P/E. Yes, you heard it right :-) 18 for an industrial stock is high for me, even for EMR. I was waiting for Sep 2011 level valuations but sadly the market is staying pricier than I can afford to sit out. So I am buying slightly overvalued stocks and bracing for a 20% haircut - but in the meanwhile, if they go up by 25%, I come out even.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.