Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
Buy Jan 16 @20 and sell Jan 16 @21 for a net of 13.2 per contract. So if SLV goes above 21 I make $100 per contract if SLV stays below 20 then I lose $13.2 per contract.

I think silver is forming a bottom for the last 6 months and has a potential to move up. Current silver price is 16.75. So silver has to move 25% for this trade to be profitable in 245 days. The payout are large in asymmetric setups like this but so are the probabilities of it not happening.

PS: I know most of you, perhaps with an exception of Naj, may not be interested in commodities or options, etc. If you feel this is an distraction, let me know, I will stop posting these fringe ideas.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.