Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 7
...Bozeman is nice, also in a secluded little valley. Skiing is a scant fifteen minutes from downtown, and a really great ski resort is about an hour and a half. On the way, you can pull off the main road and take a driving tour of Ted Turner's plot of land, and view the buffalo.

Been there, done that. IN REALITY!!!!!

We spent a little over a week in Ennis & Bozeman & Big Sky Area.
We had an opppurtunity to come down the"back side" of Big Sky (you need a keycard to get through the gates on that side of the mountain) and anyway we came upon a bull moose and was able to watch/follow/observe him for about 30 minutes. Way exciting! My kids still talk about that, especially because I had on a RED sweater and they thought he was gonna charge me.
Also when we were "drift"boating down the Madison River, a family of Mule deer crossed in front of us - that was remarkable. We saw so much wildlife going down the Madison it was something we will never forget.
Also on our hike up the way to some caverns (which were excellant) we saw eagles so close you could see the blacks of their eyes. UNFORGETABLE, of course when I got the camera ready, they were only specks in the sky. Thank God for memories.
We had some fantastic hamburgers for lunch in Bozeman one day - what was the name of that place????
Just talking about it makes me want to come back...... and since Glacier was not a part of that trip, I do need to come back....

We saw buffalo in Thermopolis, Wyoming - which was way cool.

Penny
now I miss Montana
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.