Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
BPMC posts pralsetinib data at ASCO20.
-- Registrational data in RET fusion-positive NSCLC show 61% ORR in patients previously treated with platinum-based chemotherapy and 73% ORR in treatment-naïve patients --
-- 12% complete response rate in patients with treatment-naïve RET fusion-positive NSCLC --
-- Median DOR not reached across lines of therapy in RET fusion-positive NSCLC, with 6-month DOR of 86% --
-- NDA accepted by FDA and MAA validated by EMA for pralsetinib in RET fusion-positive NSCLC --
-- Blueprint Medicines to host investor conference call and webcast today at 8:30 a.m. ET

Here it is in comparison to Lily's Retevmo (pralset first then retevmo)
ORR in those previously tx with platinum therapy: 61% vs 64%

ORR in treatment naive pts: 73% vs 85%
CRR in treatment naive pts: 12% vs 0%

>6mo duration of response: 86% across all lines of tx vs Retevmo's 81% (previously tx with platinum) and Retevmo's 58% in those that were tx naive

no CNS progression events, all had brain met shrinkage, no new brain mets while on pralsetinib. (91% with retevmo).

retevmo is twice daily dosing, pralsetinib is once daily.

BPMC data look similar on first glance. I'm not an oncologist, but if I was, and all else being equal, I think I would favor a 12% chance at a complete response with a lower ORR rate with close monitoring with a low threshold to change treatment if worsening. This may ultimately end up being in the hands of marketing/sales teams, and pricing with insurance companies.

Generally, a win for patients either way (hopefully).
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.