Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
http://ir.blueprintmedicines.com/news-releases/news-release-...

http://ir.blueprintmedicines.com/news-releases/news-release-...

BPMC will receive $775 million in upfront payments, comprising $675 million in cash and $100 million equity investment priced at $96.57 per share, and is eligible to receive up to $927 million in potential milestones, plus royalties on net product sales outside the U.S. Plus will equally share profits in US.

Announced acceptance and validation of U.S. and EU marketing applications for pralsetinib for the treatment of locally advanced or metastatic RET fusion-positive NSCLC, respectively. The FDA granted priority review and set an action date of November 23, 2020 under the Prescription Drug User Fee Act.

Not sure how I feel about splitting 50/50. On one hand, pretty impressive vote of confidence from Roche, and puts them on the radar for an acquisition. On the other, it limits upside, ava missed the mark on their home run swing, and now their pipeline looks sparse. They have ~10 candidates, only one of which is in clinical trials.

I'm holding steady and think they can become a sustainable company, though I question what "the next big thing" is after pralsetinib. Of course, they moved pralsetinib and ava through clinic relatively quickly, so perhaps we can see similar speed again within the next few years. I suspect any fruitful wins in their now neonate pipeline will result in a Roche takeover.

TL;DR - holding, likely limited upside, but upside!
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.