Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Brant - I agree with all of your suggestions. TOTALLY true. Especially #3. That one really pisses me off.

1) Reduction of capital gains taxes. They should be reduced to a level of say 15% or so. This would enourage investment.

2) Income Tax Bracket Creep. Right now the top bracket kicks in at $65K. How many people actually consider someone at $65K rich? This is the middle class. I
would raise it to $100K immediately and then index it to inflation.

3) Creating a household tax rather than individual tax. Right now if I make $35K and my wife makes $35K we get taxed at a much lower rate than if my wife made
$70K and I stayed home with the kids, even though the household income is the same. This is basically reducing the standard of living of families as the first family will
be forced into day care (another problem). I propose that as for families with children , the top income earner should be able to transfer up to 25% of their income to
the other spouse to cover child card expenses (if they wish).

Chris.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.