Skip to main content
This Board Has Moved

This board has been migrated to our new platform! Check out the new home page at discussion.fool.com or click below to go directly to the new Board on the new site.

Go to the New Site
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 7
Learning Together

I believe BRational is the most well respected poster on the Qualcomm board, the board through which I know him. I base this on the regular interaction there and the almost universal admiration which is show him on the board.

Learning: I can no longer imagine an earnings announcement, or really any announcement of substance, passing without waiting anxiously to read BRational's analysis of it. His posts are far and away the most recommended and he appears often with a Post of the Day. His depth of thought and sincere willingness to communicate it clearly is a standard by which I measure my own words (and find them altogether lacking :)

Together: I don't believe I have ever witnessed BRational as anything other than forthright, positive, humble, and affable. There is no shortage of posters, some of whom contribute much in terms of content; but frequently their posts are salted with inappropriate jabs at other posters, an excess of self-praise, whining about something or someone, or an attempt to cast oneself as victim or martyr. Again I beleive BRational sets a standard that is "a cut above".

I haven't the gift for this that others on the board do so I will ask them to contribute as well.

Here are three of his most popular posts from the year:

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=16972000

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=18121857

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=17074924

The third is particularly valuable in that it is an example of his willingness to not only contribute his analysis of companies/stocks/markets to our community, it also shows his civility when commenting on our community itself.

BRational is as fine an example I can imagine of one who regular contributes to the mission of Learning Together.

George

ps I'm quite sure the examples above make a brilliant case for his pedigree in the "educate and enrich" department. However, I do need to add that while he's no Morgman8, he more than keeps up with pretty much everyone else on the board when it comes to "amuse".
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.