Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 22
Seems to me we would be better served by making sure Afghan refugees in Afghanistan were fed and sheltered this winter. In other words, stay our sword and truly go after the perpetrators without seeing to the deaths of more innocents. Bombs ands missles won't get this done this time. Effective counter-terrorism and special-ops will get us a lot more of what we want.

j
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
And visiting a mosque is a great idea.

Insallah

j
No. of Recommendations: 1
Voltaire: Seems to me we would be better served by making sure Afghan refugees in Afghanistan were fed and sheltered this winter. In other words, stay our sword and truly go after the perpetrators without seeing to the deaths of more innocents. Bombs ands missles won't get this done this time. Effective counter-terrorism and special-ops will get us a lot more of what we want.

Awesome post! Where are the thousand recs for this profound statement of common sense?

cliff
No. of Recommendations: 5
Seems to me we would be better served by making sure Afghan refugees in Afghanistan were fed and sheltered this winter. In other words, stay our sword and truly go after the perpetrators without seeing to the deaths of more innocents. Bombs ands missles won't get this done this time. Effective counter-terrorism and special-ops will get us a lot more of what we want.

Bugger:

Sorry, you can only recommend a post to the Best of once.

Still trying to fathom the implications of this atrocity. But with nearly the whole world behind the US with regard to this violence, mass eradication of Kabul and known/suspected towns and villages will bring about, if not condemnation, then at least further resentment towards the US.

There are no clear answers other than the one by Voltaire as far as I can see. But to reciprocate by mass murder which a retaliatory bombing would in effect achieve, America becomes the same as the terrorists they seek to punish. By its very nature, whilst an international issue already, albeit contained so far, this could escalate to a global scale. Unable to legislate for the types of crimes these fundamentalists believe are sacred, that spooks me! I've seen the devastation an IRA bomb can make. But this scale, I'm at a loss.

All I know pretty much for certain is that the sun will rise tomorrow. I am still breathing. The weekend is upon us, and it is time to think and contemplate about not only those who died, but for our families who are still alive.

All the best, everyone.

Bullet