+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+

Paul Hamm is in huge trouble. with 2 apparatus to go, he is in 12th place. Brett McClure is very close to a medal. This is nail biting time.

Charlie
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
S
p
o
i
l
e
r

A
l
e
r
t

+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+

Unofficial results are in ... Paul Hamm finishes...1st! Can't wait to watch this.

Charlie
Accidentally saw the results, but I still watched, then wondered at how he made the comeback. Hubby was on the edge of his seat the whole time. I think I've created a monster in him! =)

=) Megan
How can you watch it when you already know the results?

Well, actually I could watch it, but I wouldn't enjoy it anywhere near as much.

I avoid results like the plague...no internet news sites, no television news programs, no radio:)
No. of Recommendations: 1

Most of the sites I visit are news sites, so it becomes unavoidable. I also have www.nbcolympics.com as my homepage. It doesn't diminish my enjoyment watching. A news blurb can only tell you so much. It really doesn't describe the drama of the event.

Charlie
When somebody ends up on the Judges table I'll watch any day!
Unfortunately I fell asleep before seeing his Hi-bar performance that won him the Gold...Pete

Last night, even though I knew the results, I kept thinking "it must have been a mistake, they must have reported the wrong thing." Or "maybe there was some random technicality and they let him re-do vault."

But as to your question - there are many sports where knowing the results makes it not so fun to watch. For me, gymnastics is not one of those. Even knowing the results, I hold my breath when they (anyone really) do routines. I used to breathe more when I competed and was *doing* the routines than I do now just watching.
I used to be really anal about avoiding the results of things I wanted to watch, but I got over that after it became an utter impossibility to avoid them without avoiding things I didn't want to avoid. Also, there is simply too much Olympics to watch, so the news outlets ans TV channels spilling the beans on some things makes it easier to keep track of it all.
I think I'm not enjoying it as much. I'm trying to avoid going to sites, but when I need to look something up on Yahoo!, well, thank goodness Charlie mentioned that you can hide results there. I haven't noticed any spilling of the beans on the NBC channels, and that's pretty much all we have on everyday. In fact, the only times the TV has been on and it's not Olympics, was a few football games and The Amazing Race Tuesday night. I did have to hide my eyes for football though since ESPN was showing results on it's ticker for it's 28/58 updates.

=) Megan