Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
S
p
o
i
l
e
r

A
l
e
r
t

+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+

The US Men's Gymnastics team got the Silver Medal in the team competition.

I was watching this online. It was close. Japan took the Gold. Romania took the Bronze.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
The gold medalists deserved it. Holy cow-that last release move was in-freaking-credible. Why didn't NBC replay it???

Furthermore, can I just say how annoyed I am about the continual comments regarding the last men's olympic team medal? Sorry, but a gold during a boycotted competition that lacked the power teams of the time doesn't really count in my book.

And what happened to the Russian men? And why didn't we see more coverage of the Koreans? {sigh} I want a gymnastics channel.

cathy

The gold medalists deserved it. Holy cow-that last release move was in-freaking-credible.

I was watching and I said "Holy cr-p!" I can't believe they didn't replay it either, it was just amazing.

I was very proud of our Men's Gymnastics Team tonight, they overcame a few mishaps and didn't give up. It was just a really great competition, although I wish we could've seen a few more routines from non-medal winning teams.

=) Megan
No. of Recommendations: 2
I was watching and I said "Holy cr-p!" I can't believe they didn't replay it either, it was just amazing.

Yes, the final high bar routine was great; I wouldn't mind seeing it again, and I really look forward to seeing this guy in the individuals.

Now for my gripe; bad enough that NBC didn't do a replay, but they didn't even show us his score! Here was one of the most incredible routines, one that sets the bar so to speak, and we don't know what it scored. We just know that it was more than 8.9 or whatever that was needed for a gold; rather obvious since he didn't fall off.

Come on NBC; if you're going to show a routine, go an extra few seconds and give us the score. You can take the time away from the talking heads that are gushing over what we just saw; we don't need them anyway.

David
No. of Recommendations: 1
I was very proud of our Men's Gymnastics Team tonight, they overcame a few mishaps and didn't give up. It was just a really great competition, although I wish we could've seen a few more routines from non-medal winning teams.

I really wish we'd seen more of Japan as they went through rather than just the Romanians and the Americans. They made it seem like a fight between USA and ROM until the final event, when clearly Japan had managed to stage a comeback after the first event.

I was super impressed with nearly everyone last night. It seemed like the men from all three countries got really good performances. Very few huge mistakes, but my heart went out to the Romanian who fell off the bar. V. Sad.

So looking forward to the ladies' competition tonight!

Fi
clearly Japan had managed to stage a comeback after the first event.

Maybe I am wrong, but I thought it was China that had the huge issue with the first floor exercise and took them out of the running. I wasn't under the impression Japan was making a big come back from anything.
Maybe I am wrong, but I thought it was China that had the huge issue with the first floor exercise and took them out of the running. I wasn't under the impression Japan was making a big come back from anything

Japan was 7th after the floor exercise and they only became 1st in the final exercise (horizontal bar). But after the 2nd event it was really just jockeying for place among the Japanes, Romanians and the USA.

Fi