Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 20
BrerBear: 1) Congress story: Benghazi was a spontaneous eruption, (and what difference, at this point, does it make?) 2) Egypt story: It was a planned attacked.

Hey folks... just checking in. I have to admit to missing these conversations. But seriously, you're letting some Conservative Fools drive-by suggest that Hillary perjured herself at her Benghazi hearing... or that she was being flippant about the deaths of Americans in Benghazi.

C'mon, that's complete nonsense.

Here is her testimony (Motley Fool censors, this is not copyright protected but public record):

With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans. Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk one night who decided that they’d go kill some Americans? What difference at this point does it make? It is our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent it from ever happening again, Senator. Now, honestly, I will do my best to answer your questions about this, but the fact is that people were trying in real time to get to the best information. The IC has a process, I understand, going with the other committees to explain how these talking points came out. But you know, to be clear, it is, from my perspective, less important today looking backwards as to why these militants decided they did it than to find them and bring them to justice, and then maybe we’ll figure out what was going on in the meantime.

After 11 hours, three rounds of testimony, and some 300 questions for Hillary Clinton, the chairman of the Republican-led House Select Committee had no answer when asked to name even one piece of new information gleaned from Clinton's testimony on the handling of the 2012 Benghazi terrorist attack.

In short, Clinton never lied.

Let's get fat Mussolini to testify under oath. I'm willing to bet every dollar I have that he will perjure himself within the first hour.

Fool on.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.