Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Brilliant!

How about, Tim O'Dwyer is playing in his usual Saturday foursome with Jack, John, and Colin. He hooks his drive at the 6th hole into the woods. While he's looking for the ball, a little leprechaun appears.

'If you give me a pound,' he says, 'I will find your ball, and magic it so you hit it to the green!'

Sounds like a deal, especially since Tim and his friends play for 2 pounds a hole, so Tim agrees. Sure enough he finds it a few feet away and puts it on the green.

On the 14, Tim puts one in the sandtrap left of the fairway. The sprite reappears, and tells him he'll hit it next to the hole, but only if he swears off sex for a week.

Tim ponders for a few seconds, and mutters 'Oh, allright.' Ball lands 3 inches away from the hole, and Tim pockets some more cash from his buddies.

On the 18th, Timmy again hooks it into the deep, deep woods.

'I can ensure you hit this one in the hole!' The sprite declares, 'But you must not have sex for the next 2 years!'

Tim thinks about this, and slowly agrees again.

The sprite says, 'You must sign this contract to make sure you comply with your agreement now. If you sign, and then break our agreement, fiery hells will be visited on you, I promise!'

Tim takes out his pen and signs. Sure enough, his 4 iron goes right in the hole! It's his best day ever, and he couldn't be happier. His friends congratulate him on a miraculous 79!

On the drive home, the sprite reappears to warn Timmy what will happen if he doesn't comply with their agreement.

"Oh, no problem. Let me introduce myself, ' says Monsignor O'Dwyer.

cheers,
naj
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.