No. of Recommendations: 36
Then:

Quick off the mark on January 21, the day the story broke, FNC had the first photo of Lewinsky on the air at 9 a.m., and, that same day, the first interview with Gennifer Flowers. It began devoting all of its daytime schedule to the crisis, except for brief segments on other news, along with weekend specials attracting hundreds of viewer phone calls. The network even inaugurated a whole new early-evening series, Special Report with Brit Hume, to keep daily tabs on the evolving story "for the duration of the developments."

http://secure.mediaresearch.org/news/cyberalert/2000/cyb20000330.html

The low priority given the development by the White House press corps surprised FNC's Brit Hume, who immediately after the press conference scolded his colleagues. At 3:15pm ET he told anchor Shepard Smith:

"I think this most extraordinary thing about this news conference, Shep, and it was one of the more extraordinary ones I've ever seen, were the questions. We were ten questions into this news conference when he was finally asked about the federal judge's finding today in Washington that the President had committed a criminal violation of the Privacy Act

http://secure.mediaresearch.org/news/cyberalert/2000/cyb20000330.html

And now:

Referring to the NY Times coverage of the Judy Miller saga, Brit Hume said something today to the effect of, "I don't think the American people care about this and as I was reading it today it occurred to me that I don't care much either."

http://digbysblog.blogspot.com/2005_10_16_digbysblog_archive.html#112950996592449470

Shameful.

Erik
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 7
<<<Referring to the NY Times coverage of the Judy Miller saga, Brit Hume said something today to the effect of, "I don't think the American people care about this and as I was reading it today it occurred to me that I don't care much either.">>>

Britt Hume is the man. Has the pulse of America. Thank you for bringing it to our attention of what a great newsman Britt Hume is Skyblue.

Tinker

No. of Recommendations: 6
In Republican America sex is bad. Violations of the Espionage Act at the highest levels is good.

Fortunately a certain portion of the people who went through the looking glass have come back.
No. of Recommendations: 10
<<<In Republican America sex is bad.>>>

Just had some. Think it is good, want more. Next.

<<<Violations of the Espionage Act at the highest levels is good.>>>

Who violated the act? And who says it is good if someone has?

No ones been indicted, and if they are indicted, then a trial will be had, and if they are found guilty so be it.

Seems to me that in Democratic America that hatred of GWB, regarless of what he does is the only rule, and that you even root for the death of American soldiers if it might hurt GWB's popularity.

Shame on you sir.

Tinker
P.S. if not you, then other Democrats certainly have, and have indeed caused such deaths. Al Qaeda has indeed quoted such speeches from the Democratic leadership and understand that all they need to do is cause America to retreat due to bad press and they win.

No. of Recommendations: 44
Just had some. Think it is good, want more. Next.

Discussing your autoerotic fantasies is really in poor taste.

Have to laugh. You have good sex then jump on the internet leaving your partner alone.

root for the death of American soldiers if it might hurt GWB's popularity.

Link pleae. Obviously you haven't returned to to the real world.

Al Qaeda has indeed quoted such speeches from the Democratic leadership and understand that all they need to do is cause America to retreat due to bad press and they win.

Only in Rove's twisted mind. Bush stages soldier interviess and he stages phony letters.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Seems to me that in Democratic America that hatred of GWB, regarless of what he does is the only rule, and that you even root for the death of American soldiers if it might hurt GWB's popularity.

Shame on you sir.

Tinker
P.S. if not you, then other Democrats certainly have, and have indeed caused such deaths. Al Qaeda has indeed quoted such speeches from the Democratic leadership and understand that all they need to do is cause America to retreat due to bad press and they win.

and they try to justify their actions by saying, its THEIR PATRIOTIC duty....
No. of Recommendations: 0
Al Qaeda has indeed quoted such speeches from the Democratic leadership and understand that all they need to do is cause America to retreat due to bad press and they win.

Republicans like you keep saying garbage like that. If you are so concerned about AQ, then why don't you demand that the President go after OBl and AQ? Four years after 911, there certainly is NO evidence that Bush is concerned about AQ or OBL. Do you know where OBL is? Do you know what the status of the hunt for OBL is?
No. of Recommendations: 3
Skybluewater wrote:
Referring to the NY Times coverage of the Judy Miller saga, Brit Hume said something today to the effect of, "I don't think the American people care about this and as I was reading it today it occurred to me that I don't care much either."

Tinker responded:
Britt Hume is the man. Has the pulse of America. Thank you for bringing it to our attention of what a great newsman Britt Hume is Skyblue.

Here's the last poll that I could find as how important the American people thought the Plamegate investigation was:

http://www.pollingreport.com/bush.htm
"There is currently a grand jury investigating whether a crime was committed when a CIA officer's identity was revealed to reporters. How important do you think the investigation is to the nation -- of great importance, some importance, or very little importance?"

Of great importance: 41%
Of some importance: 39%
Of very little importance: 15%
No importance: 1%
Unsure: 4%.

So, 80% of the American people think Plamegate is of some or of great importance. It is thus fair to say that Brit Hume either is NOT a great newsman and does NOT have the pulse of America, or he is just trying his best to give us the Republican talking points.
No. of Recommendations: 0
In Republican America sex is bad.

No, just interesting.
No. of Recommendations: 1
"and that you even root for the death of American soldiers if it might hurt GWB's popularity."

Still fighting the strawmen I see. Can't handle real arguments?

"Shame on you sir."

Indeed.