Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Brocade does have some weaknesses.

Fiber channel technology has many players. Brocade has an early start, but it's all about standards, and other companies can easily replicate this technology. Score -1 points.

Brocade does not do direct support. If you ask me, I prefer to obtain support direct from the manufacturer on complex high-tech items like this. Brocade forces you to get support from their reseller/OEM network, which means you are talking to people that don't know as much about the product as the people that invented it. Score -1 points.

I personally am much more interested in McData's soon-to-be IPO. When I was visited by a reseller and asked them for Brocade, they told me the McData switches were more reliable, but that they costed more. With McData coming out soon with lower-end products I think that Brocade may have some vulnerability. Score -1 point for being not as reliable.

Chris

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.