Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
is James Cramer correct on the recent market weakness?

This morning when the broad stock indexes were near their bottom for the day, in an interview he stated that he thought the recent declines in multiple asset classes, declining interest rates and the current 10 year treasury yield down to 1.3% were probably all to due the pandemic resurgence due to the delta variant of covid-19.

There is a lot of covid-19 resurgence in the news.

Other theories?

I have a lot of stocks down 10% over the last 5 to 10 days for no apparent reason!
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Delta is a threat. There is a significant population at risk. They are just refusing to take vaccines and COVID cases are highest amongst them. It is horrifying to see, that people would rather die but will not take vaccines. They are going to undo all the "good" we gained by vaccinating at great speed. So, more than US, I think the rest of the world is at higher risk, because still US has higher vaccination rate compared to the world. Where I think the risk is, in China, their vaccine is not working against delta.
There is a significant population at risk.

riiiiight. EVERYONE PANIC!!!!!

3-4% difference those with natural immunity established are fine. From my reading that immunity will deal with far more difference than that -- like until there's 20% difference. Use a (other than google) search engine and read up on it yourself).
No. of Recommendations: 3
those with natural immunity established are fine.

How you establish natural immunity? In that process you will have significant human loss.
No. of Recommendations: 3
3-4% difference those with natural immunity established are fine. From my reading that immunity will deal with far more difference than that -- like until there's 20% difference. Use a (other than google) search engine and read up on it yourself).

This is not logical. So if you have a 3 to 4 percent chance of dying you should do everything you can to lower the odds further by whatever means available. Because death is absolute. This isn't like having a 3 to 4 percent chance of losing on an investment.

Andy
How you establish natural immunity? In that process you will have significant human loss.

I guess it depends on what is your definition of "significant".

For the great majority that is incorrect -- not significant. Unless you define *0.001 or 0.0001% as significant human loss.

*the Infection mortality rate for Age 40 and under with low vitamin_D levels (below 30) is 0.001%. The infection fatality rate for those who have Hormone-levels above 30 is an order of magnitude (10X) less than that.
No. of Recommendations: 8
Oh boy. As much as I hate discussing this on the REIT board, US lost over 500K lives due to COVID and from President who played doctor on National TV advising people to inject lysol to all idiots in internet playing doctor. Enough of it.

There is a vaccine but you want to take a chance and put your life to risk, go ahead. Let us hope Darwin's natural selection plays its role.