Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
The last week or so I have tried to get into some shorts, but I keep getting a message that "shares aren't available to short online. Call the broker" When i call they tell me that to place the orders they will have to call the home office and try to find the shares...for the full service charge that is three times as much as online orders. I was told this was due to a number of factors like increased shorting and general market decline. I can understand it is probably harder to find available shares, but I was trying to short such issues as IBM, QQQ and CDWC along with a few other less active issues. Anyways... I am just wondering what the more experienced posters on this board feel about this. Thanks

J
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.