No. of Recommendations: 0
I currently have an account with a brokerage firm. My only holdings with this firm are of a stock that is currently being offered as a DRIP through Mellon. I am currently dripping six other companies right now. The brokerage firm has begun to charge me a $50 inactivity fee because I am just holding the stock and haven't made any other transactions. Does anybody know if it is possible to move these shares into my name and then transfer them over to the direct purchase plan offered by Mellon? I guess my other option would be to just sell the brokerage firm shares and then repurchase them through Mellon. Any ideas?

Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.