Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
He is one helluva a golfer. Huge off the tee, precise with irons, and a great putter, he seems to have it all when he is on.

Is he as long off the tee as Dustin Johnson ? If not, he's close, and so much better on the greens.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
"Koepka has won three of the last six majors he played, and two of three this year alone. He joined Woods, Jack Nicklaus, Ben Hogan and Gene Sarazen as the only players to win the two U.S. majors that rotate to different courses in the same year." {meaning NOT The Masters!}

https://www.pgatour.com/daily-wrapup/2018/08/12/brooks-koepk...

also:

"After wasting one chance to put it away, Koepka kept attacking flags and ran in birdie putts of 10 feet on No. 15 and 7 feet on No. 16 to end the drama. He tapped in for par on the final hole to set the PGA Championship scoring record at 264.

It {264} also tied the major championship record that Henrik Stenson set at Royal Troon two years ago in The Open Championship."

Yeah, he is Better than very good.

sunrayman
No. of Recommendations: 2
Totally out of whack. As soon as Tiger finished all the crowds left and the tournament champion was still leading and still out there. Congratulations Brooks.
No. of Recommendations: 1
"Totally out of whack. As soon as Tiger finished all the crowds left and the tournament champion was still leading and still out there. Congratulations Brooks. "

the TV networks/announcers and corporate sponsors desperately want Tiger to be in the mix on Sunday.
I'm glad that he's playing much better, but until he gets his driver going, I don't think he can beat the very best players who are actually on top of their game, he's got much longer shots into the green than they do. I give him a lot of credit for managing his game, and being able to stay in it without hitting many fairways off the tee.

But yeah, I agree with you, he was definitely the focal point of the TV coverage, and fan interest, even though Koepka was clearly the best player on the course.