Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm about to become a new pet owner and could use some advise.

My fiancee's dog has been living in the country with family since her divorce. We've just purchased a home with a dog run and will be bringing Schatsie home so she and the kids can be reunited.

(I'm a country boy so the entire concept of a well-kept lawn is new to me. Grass was for the cattle and horses to eat so beauty was not a requirement. Now my agricultural skills will held to a different standard.)

Our new lawn has a lot of brown spots which I'm assuming were caused by the previous owner's dog.

Was dog urine killing the grass? If so, what should we be doing to keep a happy pet and maintain a beautiful lawn?

Also, Schatsie has been running free in the country all her life. While the kids insist that she "is well behaved" and "listens well", I've got a feeling that we're about to have some adjustment difficulties.

I'd certainly appreciate a heads up on the situation as I feel it is our responsibility to plan ahead to minimize the stress for Schatsie. Any advise or suggestions on the transition from country life to city life?

Gary

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.