Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 5
Bruce, Mike and all,

There is no way express too much more what TMF really does for us without being redundant. This is best site to come and learn, discuss and exchange ideas about what makes a good company to invest in the long term.

Eckhard: Hold on, there IS one thing that I'm deeply critical of: TMF is highly addictive and there were times when my work suffered. Maybe TMF should consider putting on a
warning sign on its home page, or have a sign pop up every hour: 'Fool, remember there is life outside this community however shallow and meaningless it may seem'
;;-)

I had a great laugh when I read your statement, because it is so true. Highly addictive because I learn so much and continue to want to learn more, More, MOre, MORe, MORE.... get the picture. Of course my sleeping has suffered the last 3-4 months because I spend so much time here on TMF learning. I can remember when I use to watch a good movie on tv, but now I hardly ever turn it on.

Why you might ask? I've found a community of diverse friends that are interested in their future through the purchase of stocks as the best method to accomplish that goal. I agree. Most importantly I learn, ask questions, read, do lots of research and want to learn more so I can get better at analyzing whether a company is a good one to own. When I do buy it is also a long term commitment on my part to track these companies at a minimum of 4 times a year through their Qtrly. reports and annual reports that they continue to perform. If not then I discuss on that particular board with other Fools what they think. That kind of commitment ensures me that long before any drastic drop in stock price is not a surprise. Learning these and so many other lessons gained from this community and TMF keeps me way ahead of the so called experts.

Bonnie:
Keep reading on this and other boards. I'am sure we'll be able to answer most of your questions and join in the discussions. You might want to fill in a little more on your profile so the rest of us can get to know you.

You might want to take the next seminar later this month on the Rule Breakers. The last one was great and I'am still analyzing and watching the stock picks that came out of it. This one will prove even better.

Fool on,
GK Ken
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.