Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I have been lurking this message board for a long time. I own many of the same companies that have been discussed. The Gorilla Game mad a huge impact on me when I read it. I ran across it during my DD on Rambus.

I hope I am not being rude but I would like to know what comprises your portfolio BruceBrown.

Thanks,
jmmitias
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
I hope I am not being rude but I would like to know what comprises your portfolio BruceBrown.

Bruce's profile lists all (or at least a whole bunch) of the companies in his portfolio. Now, when you figure out why HDI is in the gorilla game, you get a prize.
No. of Recommendations: 4

The Fool doesn't have that much available storage on their servers.

--Mike Buckley

No. of Recommendations: 3
[I hope I am not being rude but I would like to know what comprises your portfolio BruceBrown.]

The Fool doesn't have that much available storage on their servers.

--Mike Buckley

Snagged me!

May I remind you that you have a task to perform? Now get composing and stop wasting time. <ggg>

BB

<<I would like to know what comprises your portfolio BruceBrown.>>

it would be easier to list what's not in it. Like my last duchess, BB is known for having "a smile too soon made glad"...

tekboy@basketcase.com
No. of Recommendations: 21
jmmitias wrote:

I am oft teased about my 'mutual fund'. I hold a number of securities that extend beyond a portfolio of 10 - 15 stocks. With that in mind, I'll temper it to list my largest holdings - not as a recommendation for any of them, but just to satisfy your curiosity. The reason for the number of equities is because I'm currently playing three baskets of what I feel are candidates for a gorilla game and I also hold some godzilla stocks and believe it or not - non technology stocks. Imagine that?

The old Fidelity pie chart says that as of this moment, the top 8 positions are, in order:

Intel
JDS Uniphase
Qualcomm
Cisco
Redback
i2
Cash
Brocade

The rest fall under what Fidelity calls 'other'. The 8 largest of the 'others' are, in order:

Siebel
EMC
Broadcom
Juniper
Sycamore
Oracle
Gemstar
Foundry

That's simply based on yesterday's closing prices - which doesn't mean too much. The largest holdings fluctuate based on price action, not any micromanagement that I do. Qualcomm has held the top spot, Uniphase has held it, Cisco has held it and now Intel holds it for the time being. They are each about 10 - 12% of the portfolio at the moment.

BB

Traditional disclaimer: Nothing mentioned above is advice or a recommendation for any of those stocks. It's no longer 'kosher' to say "do your own homework or research" according to dbphoenix. So I'll say this - all the above stocks are wildly overvalued and even though the future looks bright, the degree of risk contained within is nothing 40 or 50 more years of investing can't make up for if I'm wrong. <ggg>
<<all the above stocks are wildly overvalued and even though the future looks bright, the degree of risk contained within is nothing 40 or 50 more years of investing can't make up for if I'm wrong.>>

Now that's a disclaimer to give a newbie pause <gg>

Especially if he doesn't have 40 or 50 years left *sigh*
Now that's a disclaimer to give a newbie pause <gg>

Especially if he doesn't have 40 or 50 years left *sigh*

You said you didn't want the last word. I guess a sigh doesn't constitute a word. <ggg>

BB
and he gets 13 recommendations, for a bleepin' portfolio survey! unbelievable...

tekboy@butdoeshehavehisownthread?.com
tekboy@butdoeshehavehisownthread?.com

Soon. What are you discussing these days on that new thread of yours?

Tekboy, if you post your portfolio I'll recommend it - no matter the monkey, pebbles and stones within. <ggg>

BB
Bruce wrote:
"The old Fidelity pie chart says that as of this moment, the top 8 positions are, in order:

Intel
JDS Uniphase
Qualcomm
Cisco
Redback
i2
Cash
Brocade"

Dell is noticeably missing..part of the wife's IRA or children's school fund ?....or since it was a royalty play did you let it go? Hold it "lightly"?

OT: You must be packed and gone by now !
OT again: Did you know CASH is actually listed on the NASDAQ ? $9/share !!!

HoF