Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
BruceM:

We have satellite - DirecTV. There is no cable service in our rural area (on our road, anyway), so we have no choice.

My internet service is bundled with my AT&T landline service.

Vermonter
Print the post Back To Top
"Watching shows we like, and able to record before watching so we can fast forward through the endless VERY STUPID commercials! (Whoever thinks those up has to be a child or a moron sometimes.)" - vermonter

I hate commercials but I think they don't really care if I like or enjoy them or not. Positive or negative emotions, it makes no difference, because the goal is to imprint in my brain the message or name brand. They just want that name imprinted in my brain so I will remember it. Their bottom line is to imprint in my memory the name brand of the product they are selling. There is a connection between memory and emotion so if they can evoke an emotion they have a better chance that I will remember it.

Emotions Make the Memory Last
More Detail, Easier Recollection With Emotional Memories

"Ever wonder why some memories can stay vivid for years while others fade with time? The answer is emotion.

When the emotions are aroused, the brain takes note. It stores as much detail as possible about the emotion-filled event, wiring it for quick recall. That emotion-charged memory can be summoned at a moment's notice, even after a long time has passed."

https://www.webmd.com/balance/news/20050131/emotions-make-me...

Art
No. of Recommendations: 2
Art53:

But doesn't it seem stupid when they throw maybe TEN different, unrelated ads at you at once? Who the hell even remembers them?!

Vermonter
No. of Recommendations: 0
"Art53: But doesn't it seem stupid when they throw maybe TEN different, unrelated ads at you at once? Who the hell even remembers them?!" - Vermonter

I've wondered if I have a negative response from seeing their commercial so many times if it won't make me hate their product and not buy it? Like car advertisements. Ugh! There are so many and they just keep showing them over and over and over again? Cars are so expensive that if I don't plan on buying one seeing their ad isn't going to make me run out and buy one? They're too damn expensive!

Art
No. of Recommendations: 0
Like car advertisements. Ugh! There are so many and they just keep showing them over and over and over again? Cars are so expensive that if I don't plan on buying one seeing their ad isn't going to make me run out and buy one? They're too damn expensive!

Art

You haven't said much about Elio lately. Have you given up on them? They seem to be lost in the weeds at this time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elio_Motors

CNC
I clicked through the above responses and didn't see mention made of it, but are you in a streaming service area? Many who have had cable are 'cutting' it and going to streaming services. Unless you are getting something via cable that you cannot get on the streaming service, or if you don't live in a streaming service zone, then I can't image why you'd still have cable. Streaming services are month to month with no contract, no separate tax or other charges...just a flat $50 (just up from $45) and at $50/month with no contracts, we get about 65 channels, none of which are 'junk' channels...eg shopping or marketing networks.

We've been with YouTube TV now for a couple of years. They have built in DVR that allows us to mark shows we want to watch later. We'll never go back to cable.

BruceM
BruceM:

We have satellite - DirecTV. There is no cable service in our rural area (on our road, anyway), so we have no choice.

My internet service is bundled with my AT&T landline service.

Vermonter