Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I honestly didn't think they would go this far.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
And not this quickly. Their young guys have really stepped up. They just shut down the Canes with suffocating but active defense everywhere. Obviously, they had a few periods where they were lucky Rask was on the best streak / game of his career, too much standing around. Defense and goaltending win Cups. They have speed, tenacity, and skill.

SJ's size combined with their skill and speed scares me.
I honestly didn't think they would go this far.

I thought it could happen. They were the second best team in the NHL this year. It was hard not to see they had some holes (RW - Heinen is not a top 6 player), but they nicely added depth and have been a top defensive team all year.

It was just hard not to think Tampa would walk the the cup this year, but .... didn't happen. After that, it was there for the Bruins to take.
SJ's size combined with their skill and speed scares me.

But their goaltending and defense do not. As I noted before, and as you said 'Defense and goaltending win Cups'. SJ had a #2 offense in the regular season, but their defense was #21. Not good enough.
No. of Recommendations: 1
What really scares me about San Jose is that the Canadian god of mischief (let's call him Ho-ckey, rhythms with Loki) clearly favors them.
Their goalie Jones sucks. He can't withstand a 7 game series against the Bruins.
Zeus will have to be on the side of the Sharks for them to beat the Bruins. Like he was for the Blue Jackets against TB