Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Print the post Back To Top
Something I noticed last night was the great variance in body size / build / height among the decathletes -- much more so than in many other events. Clay looked like such a baby out there -- but what a cutie!!!

Fi
No. of Recommendations: 1
Something I noticed last night was the great variance in body size / build / height among the decathletes -- much more so than in many other events

Kinda makes sense. It's pretty rare for someone to actually excel at all ten events. More common is to excel at one or two, and be somewhat competitive in the rest. Let's face it, there is no body type that is good for both shot-put and 1500m.

What I found interesting was watching the decathalon 1500m followed by the regular 1500m. Very different races (in part I'm sure because the decathalon results didn't mean quite as much; didn't have to win, just not lose by too much). Kinda funny to see the big lunky guys running.

David
Kinda makes sense. It's pretty rare for someone to actually excel at all ten events. More common is to excel at one or two, and be somewhat competitive in the rest. Let's face it, there is no body type that is good for both shot-put and 1500m.

Yeah, I'm sure that's the reason, but it was an interesting visual to see such a variation among the competitors.

What I found interesting was watching the decathalon 1500m followed by the regular 1500m. Very different races

I thought this was an interesting juxtaposition -- the decathletes almost looked like they were taking a weekend run, while the 1500 m runners were much more hardcore.

Fi
What I found interesting was watching the decathalon 1500m followed by the regular 1500m. Very different races.

You also will note that after the regular 1500m all of the men did not collapse right after crossing the finish line and just lay on the ground. That was pretty funny, I kept thinking, don't trip as you come over the line!

=) Megan
did not collapse right after crossing the finish line and just lay on the ground

Yeah...this cracked me up too -- right after the finish line. I thought one guy was going to get stepped on!

Fi