Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
BTW--do you have savings, a spouse, parents, or trust funds to support you while you take time off? How certain are you to find work easily when you feel like going back? (I'm not trying to pick on you--I retired early just a few months ago myself, but I made sure I had myself covered financially first.)

Hi - thanks for the reply! I plan to take about a month off, I figure worst case it will take about 2-3 months to find a new job, so I've saved enough cash and changed my lifestyle to support myself for about a year. I'm happy I didn't approach this decision in a rash manner and had time to plan for it.

I'm happy to hear that having a plausible explanation will help to avoid any complications. I am taking time off so I can regain some lost enthusiasm for the working world....A*Man
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.