Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
BTW, it is absolutely NOT "based on changes in unemployment

You are absolutely correct; I was going from a faulty memory rather than rereading the paper.

I know that you know that you have to compare using the same time period, not different dates.

There was no intention of deception here. I had numbers for the two relatively close start dates only 3
years different with close to 50 years of results. I then looked at the GTT data for 1970 to 73 and verified it had
an 11% typical performance during those years which wouldn’t change any comparisons. So I took a shortcut.

In truth I after all the timing systems I have seen fail in the past I have little faith in any method but
always feel compelled to at least try with the best information I can come up with. Hope that at least it
works out for at least one of us.

RAM
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.