Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
BTW, not to disparage USABancshares, because there are a lot of things which are cool about the bank, but it's terribly unprofitable. I definitely think they are going to either go under or sell their accounts to another bank before too long.

This is something I've been worrying about lately. I have an account with Compubank, which is perhaps not as generous as USABancshares, but does do ATM reimbursement and decent interest rates. They are still privately held, and AFAIK have never released any information about when they expect to achieve profitability.

What do other people think? Are you worrying about your OLB folding or being swallowed up? Obviously, they're all insured, so you wouldn't lose your money, but it would be a hassle to find a new bank and start up an account there.

For those of us who already have accounts, I suppose there's not much we can do anyway. But if anyone out there is considering opening a new OLB account, I would seriously recommend they consider the bank's ability to survive a potential shakeout.

gdh1
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.