Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 4
Am I the only one concerned about a bubble in tech stocks right now? I've gradually shifted to a more concentrated tech-heavy portfolio. As I've done so, my returns have been unusually good. I still have a fairly diversified portfolio of 30 stocks and a couple mutual funds (which I don't sell to avoid capital gains taxes). Nevertheless, my top holdings have become fairly big, in large part due to their appreciation - AYX (11%), TTD (8.9%) and SHOP (8.4%) have had ridiculous gains over the past year despite the pull back last fall. They've returned 187%, 330% and 78% respectively. My #4 holding, ANET (8.3%), has "only" returned 21.3% over the past year but is up 77% from its low only 4 months ago.

Anyway, I've done unexpectedly well this year (up 43.7%) and I'm anticipating a pull back before too long. I just hope it's temporary and not a longer term repricing of these stocks. Growth continues to be superb but any slowdown might have a large impact.

Any thoughts on when this might occur?

dave
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.