No. of Recommendations: 0
buffer6 wrote: There's this game called Javanouk which is actually Arkanoid. A great game--except for the fact that the game freezes after 6 or 7 minutes, as if it's on pause. But it's not on pause. I can close out the game and get off the internet, but my computer freezes as well. I click on an icon and nothing happens. I click on the restart button--nothing happens. Fortunately I can reboot it by pushing the button but I don't know how good that is for computer.

Does anyone know why it freezes and is there anyway to prevent it from that short of not playing for that long?

Assume we're talking Win95, Win98 or (less likely) WinNT. If your machine is fairly new (0-18 months), with a lot of video memory (maybe 8MB, "3D"), then I have no idea. Just pumping you for information here.

For older machines, there are traditions such as "update your video drivers" and "reduce your video acceleration" -- but the latter can sometimes cause problems too.

Anything else you can share with us about your configuration?

Ron
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.