Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Build more production facilities to keep up wih demand. Lots of people need jobs, they'll have no problem hiring a qualified workforce with experience owning and shooting guns.

What does "owning and shooting guns" have to do with the commercial manufacture of ammunition?
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
"Manufacturers say they’re producing as much ammunition as they can"

Build more production facilities to keep up wih demand. Lots of people need jobs, they'll have no problem hiring a qualified workforce with experience owning and shooting guns. This isn't an insurmountable problem. It makes one wonder if they want supply to be low so that prices stay high.
No. of Recommendations: 0
Build more production facilities to keep up wih demand. Lots of people need jobs, they'll have no problem hiring a qualified workforce with experience owning and shooting guns. This isn't an insurmountable problem. It makes one wonder if they want supply to be low so that prices stay high.

Owning and shooting does not qualify for manufacturing experience.
Building a plant is a gamble down the road with things catch up. I'm sure they are enjoying higher profit margins but are probably not happy that sales are flat since they cannot produce more.

I'd like to know how much more space people have for ammo? After all these years aren't you out of room?!?!?
I'd like to know how much more space people have for ammo?....

Sounds like a good question for a poll. I almost posted one, option 1 would be "too much ammo is not in my vocabulary". option 2... 'The kid turns 18 next month, that opens up another room.'
Then figured someone else could come up with better questions. lol
Build more production facilities to keep up wih demand. Lots of people need jobs, they'll have no problem hiring a qualified workforce with experience owning and shooting guns.

What does "owning and shooting guns" have to do with the commercial manufacture of ammunition?
"What does "owning and shooting guns" have to do with the commercial manufacture of ammunition?"

Kind of like the majority of motorcycle riders I know can take their bikes apart and build them back up from scratch. Or the guitar players I know can repatir every issue with both their guitars and amplifiers. So there has to be a parallel population of gun owners/shooters who fit the same mold. In fact one of the posters in this forum has discussed in very eloquent and technical terms about making his own ammo, and the chemical makeup of the powder, etc.
"I'd like to know how much more space people have for ammo? After all these years aren't you out of room?!?!?"

I have told the story in this forum before of the house we looked at (but did not buy) in which the owner had his 2+ car garage packed almost floor to ceiling with small boxes of shotgun shells. It was packed in there like a small warehouse.
"What does "owning and shooting guns" have to do with the commercial manufacture of ammunition?"

Kind of like the majority of motorcycle riders I know can take their bikes apart and build them back up from scratch.

Not the same thing.

Knowledgeable people can take things apart, BUT, commercial manufacture of them? Not so much.

Lots of shooters reload their own ammo, no big deal if they follow the rules and the amounts of gunpowder listed in the reloading manuals.

These shooter/reloaders spend more time reloading ammo than shooting it.

Commercial manufacture of ammo is a whole 'nother ball of wax.
Owning and shooting guns by management has a lot to do with the success of a firearms maker and to a lesser extent ammunition makers. One need only look at the history of Colt over the last decades. Colt completely missed the trend to concealed carry and sold rights to a neat concealable .380 to Sig just as CCW started booming.
Even in ammo manufacturing there are trends, recently heavy for caliber bullets have become more popular and the demand for "new" calibers like the wonderfully accurate 6.5 mm Creedmore have exploded (pardon the pun). Shooters respond to trends and fad just like other consumers. Could executives of a mobile phone maker who never used one or executives of car companies that do not know how to drive make informed decisions about features for their products?
I'd like to know how much more space people have for ammo? After all these years aren't you out of room?!?!?

Not yet.

If I had a good crystal ball, I would have bought a roomful a few years. It would have been my retirement account.

PSU
I found two boxes of the elusive 30-06. They followed me home. A box of No.8 12 gauge tagged along. That may disappear on Saturday.

PSU
Re ammo as an investment- Starting a decade or more back in time legal automatic weapons would have been even better. But no lowered capital gains tax rate on sales would bring the profits down. I have adequate ammo but since it is mostly handholds I have no idea how to sell some of it even if I wanted to. It does keep well, probably good for 50 years or more if stored inside under controlled climate conditions.

It is ironical that the huge increase in firearm and ammunition sales can be traced directly back to Democrat talk about bans. Likely the flurry of Constitutional Carry laws has the same root cause. Do they know this ? Do they care? Got me. Because if they really want fewer guns they would stop trying to ban some or all of them. Especially since the SCOTUS is not likely to permit them to go very far in doing this.

If the Dem bans ever get enacted at the federal level ,we can expect many states will nullify by refusing to enforce .Just as many have done with marijuana. Unlike some countries ,local police are not under federal control and our "national" police force is limited in size. So unpopular policies can not be enforced without some consent of the governed. Unlike most countries under parliamentary law ,ours is under a clear overriding constitution and was designed to require consent at many levels. And as a character trait Americans do not like being ordered around.
I have adequate ammo but since it is mostly handholds I have no idea how to sell some of it even if I wanted to.

I wouldn't have any problem selling truckloads if I wanted.

PSU
I have adequate ammo but since it is mostly handholds I have no idea how to sell some of it even if I wanted to. - mauser

------------------
If we do get to TEOTWAWKI, then your won't need to sell it. Ammo will be the currency. Who wants dollars when anarchy rules. You can probably get a can of Spam and roll of toilet paper for a couple .223's.
“I have adequate ammo but since it is mostly handholds I have no idea how to sell some of it even if I wanted to. – mauser”

------------------
If we do get to TEOTWAWKI, then your won't need to sell it. Ammo will be the currency. Who wants dollars when anarchy rules. You can probably get a can of Spam and roll of toilet paper for a couple .223's.

LOL! I’d probably be a rich billionaire, me.
;-)

I have the dies, powder, bullets, and cases to load or reload 204 Ruger, .223, 22-250, .243, 25-06, 7x57, 7mm mag, most of the stuff based on the .308 and or 06 cases, 9.3X72 R, 40-65, 45-70, 300 H&H mag, etc., etc. I don’t presently have firearms that still shoot these but I still have the info can make bullets that fit.

I have cases & bullets for 38/357 magnum along with the dies for the pistol that I sold years ago & lots of rimfire cartridges. I also load .44 mag and .45 auto.
;-)

C.J.V. - keep telling you kids should get into reloading, me
I have the dies, powder, bullets, and cases to load or reload 204 Ruger, .223, 22-250, .243, 25-06, 7x57, 7mm mag, most of the stuff based on the .308 and or 06 cases, 9.3X72 R, 40-65, 45-70, 300 H&H mag, etc., etc. I don’t presently have firearms that still shoot these but I still have the info can make bullets that fit.

I have cases & bullets for 38/357 magnum along with the dies for the pistol that I sold years ago & lots of rimfire cartridges. I also load .44 mag and .45 auto.
;-)

C.J.V. - keep telling you kids should get into reloading, me

-----------------

In the post apocalyptic economy, you will be printing your own currency. Sweet.
In the post apocalyptic economy, you will be printing your own currency. Sweet.

I even gots more than a few ounces of silver coins that I can melt down and cast into bullets. Don’t know how well they would works on zombies but should be o.k. for werewolves and udder living varmints.
;-)

C.J.V. - hafta find a new belt for my mini lathe, me
I am seeing ammunition on the shelves -at least at mail order companies. Scattered quantities and brands and at prices twice as high as pre Biden. But available if you look hard.