Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
Yesterday I noticed that the Jose Brothers, my gardening crew had had two new riding lawn mowers. Strictly not new as in still had the manufacturers tags, but new to them and in relatively unused condition. English speaking Jose stopped to chat while the other Jose's' swarmed about their whacking and pruning business. It seemed that they struck it rich when they took the gamble of buying up the local Home Depot and Lowes supplies of sprinkler backflow valves and repair kits before "Stormageddon" hit. Rather than cashing out on their windfall and selling their precious commodity, they successfully parlayed it into new permanent business as the only show in town

But that was not the end of it. Jose showed me the defect in the manufactures systems that caused a small amount of water to collect below the freeze drain valve that in some cases caused the metal collar to crack destroying the entire fixture. For a mere $50 they could install a vented drain valve below the fixture that would permanently fix the problem. I said, go for it, and 30 mins later it was done along with a fresh wrap of insulation around the existing pipes ... gratis

There is no way that people this smart could be illegal. Even his road tags were up to date
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.