No. of Recommendations: 0
But couldn't a solution to the Social Security mess and the Baby Boomer stock money withdrawal be to let in as many new educated immigrants to the USA as possible?"--epgumpel

We've already "been there done that" back in the 90's when we needed software and electrical engineers. Based on what I've been reading lately, many jobs requiring a good education are now in India & China, and that trend is growing.

I think the current need is for nurses and other health service professionals and clerks - apparently can't get enough folks here in the states (low wages bad hours maybe?). My sister, a manager in a hospital medical records dept., blames it on poor college curriculums; colleges don't ask what kind of training the hospitals need, so the hospitals and health service companies are having to go outside the US to get qualified people. What a shame.

I think there are still quite a few unemployed college grads in the US of A today.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.