Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 11
but i refer to them as kennel raised for this reason...if you are buying a puppy, do you want a kennel raised one or one raised in a home? if you refuse to get a kennel raised puppy, then why would you kennel raise your kids? if you see nothing wrong with kennel raised puppies...or kids, then you are fine...but you cant change your mind later...they will be grown up

I resisted answering the first time, but I just have to say that I think your two posts are quite rude and completely uncalled for. How people choose to raise their children as well as how they provide for them is no one's business but theirs unless, of course, you will be footing the bill which you will not. This poster came here with a perfectly reasonable question, but for some reason you chose to attack which was completely unwarranted.

Please remember that every discussion about children does not need to revert back to what seems to be the eternal daycare vs. stay-at-home parent. We each have our own situations and must make the best decisions we can based on those situations. No one else needs to be satisfied by these decisions except the people involved, and that does not include you.

I'm sure there have been many times in your life where you have made some decision that was not popular with other people but you did it anyhow. I know that that is absolutely true in my life, and a good portion of those decisions have been made for my children. And in my situation, if I had bothered to follow the advice of all those folks who 'knew better' and done what I was told most people would have done, I would be short one child right now. So in my house, I make the decisions that I feel are the best for me, and I don't want your approval nor do I require it. Seems to me this poster would be best to do something similar and ignore your posts.

And by the way, I've seen kennel-raised puppies that were clearly in better condition than some I have seen that were home-raised. Guess there's always an exception.
Print the post  

Announcements

Live Video Event Monday!
The GP team is hosting a live video event on Monday at 4 p.m. ET. Don't worry if you can't make it — we'll have a replay and a transcript. Click for more!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.