Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
But I've got to ask...why are you okay with hairy legs in front of your husband, whom presumably you want to find you attractive, but not in front of strangers, whom presumably you wouldn't care about? Trivial, I know. Just struck me as curiously odd.

We take each other as we are and happily so. I met him playing on a co-ed corporate sports league and probably never looked worse than then, being all sweaty and grimy from playing hard. A friend and co-worker was appalled I was going to play and not just sit in the stands and look pretty like she did, (and IIRC I was the only female in that "co-ed" league,) but I figured if I just was myself and did what I liked doing, there was a better chance to find my soul mate. Try to be who you aren't and you're forced to pretend for the rest of your life. We see past the outside. And honestly, after decades of ripping the hair out by the roots, it's not that bad. Shaving is a futile never ending process. If you keep ripping the hair out, it eventually stops coming back. Hey, I don't fault him for his receding hair line. He can certainly deal with a few strays here and there.

Heh, bet you are sorry you asked now.

IP,
very happily married
Print the post  

Announcements

Disclaimer - Please Read
A message about professional advice.
Useful Resources
Our Home Center has all you need to make buying and owning a home a great experience. Get or refinance a mortgage and much more!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.