Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
But if it makes you feel guilty, or makes you sad for your cats, or will stress you out that they are not actually living WITH you, then to me it wouldn't be worth it.

I know. And that's my problem. I feel guilty leaving them to go to work, even though they hardly notice. They're completely in love with each other and have been since they were born. In fact, the reason I have two kitties instead of one is because when I met them at the shelter they were so attached to each other I couldn't bear to separate them.

But in my mind, it would still be like keeping them in a great big cage to put them in a room, completely away from the rest of the family

Thank you for articulating my concern. I feel the same way. It's not that I feel like they won't have enough space (though I'd like for them to have more). It's that shutting them in - anywhere - bothers me. I don't even like to put them in their box to take them to the vet.

But if you think that they'll be happy with each other's company and fill up their room with stuff they love and know that the time you can spend in there with them will be quality, then go for it.

I think they would be happy with each other's company. I think they might even be okay in the room.

One of the reasons I'm asking for feedback is because I think I'm a little overprotective. I also think that I can be a little, I don't know, precious about the cats. I have two cat sitters when I go away - one for feeding and one for attention-giving. I wonder if my concerns are because I'm cat-crazy or if they're legitimate. Or both. I don't know.

If I don't try it, I'll never know. If I do try it, and it doesn't work, I can move. But I think the guilt and the stress might be hard on my relationship.

Thanks for the thoughts. I'm leaning towards not doing it at the moment, but I really don't know where my head will wind up on this one.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.