Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
But if you are just looking for small-good-gas-mieage-drive-to-store-&-back vehicle, may i throw in my 2cents for a Subaru.

It is on the list for the "small car to haul around town" position, actually. And Hondas. I don't trust small Chevy cars for this purpose, unless I could get a really (really) old lumina, berretta or metro for cheap. I would prefer either a metro or a toyota corrolla (see: sync's love of these cars for more information).

What model Subaru did you have? I imagine we'll be looking next winter* for a small vehicle for cash purchase, to add to the fleet. If we are desparate for something small before then, we'll borrow Little Sis's skateboard...I mean, Saturn.

I just want my hulking mess of a car towed already. It's nothing but a nuisance at this point. I got every penny out of her, and now that I am done I AM DONE. Plus, she's sitting right where the camper needs to go in a week and a half.

It's odd - we have to have Giant Vehicle What Does XYZ (because of the farm and other family land), but we have to balance that with the need to zip around town and to work fairly cheaply. We ride into work in the work truck most of the time, unless one of us has another commitment that requires transporation - so most weeks, I only drive one work day and on the weekends grocery getting, so what, 100 miles a week on my primary vehicle? A really busy week, that will be three work days, or 250 miles total.

Being as we want to pay cash, and any large vehicle we get will be retired for farm use at some point, it makes more sense *to us* to own two different vehicles for my purposes. Something large to haul every human, animal and trailer we need to haul, plus something small for me and the small humans to get milk and fruit with.

This is not the decision others would make, and we are cool with that. Our lifestyle and responsibilities to family are NOT for everyone, and we are cool with that too.

Also? I'm a raging cheapskate, so even the $3500 seems....rich for my blood.

impolite
one confusing Big Human
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.