Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
But she can't continue with Harry, because he'll be an adult. Adults don't star in children's books--children do.

Along this point I was thinking of the Anne of Green Gables series recently. In that one (which I do believe also had 7 books) she starts as a spirited, imaginative, mischievous 11-year-old and by the seventh she's a spirited, imaginative, but really pretty conventional middle aged doctor's wife. Now the last few books do tend to shift the focus to Anne's children. But up through the fifth one it's All About Anne and she's definitely an adult -- gone off to teach in for a few years, then married, adjusting to married life and a new town and her first baby. So it *can* be done.

But I'm not sure it would be a good idea to do it. Seven Harry books will be great -- I'm not sure that fifteen would be a good idea at all. Things have to peter out after a while. It sounds to me like Rowling has a carefully planned out story across the seven books and then she's done. I'll be interested to see what her next project is.

KrissyLou
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.