No. of Recommendations: 2
but surely on reading the disclaimer on yahoo as well as at several other message board sites, this automatically makes the views expressed by a poster to be 'in their opinion'? Therefore it would appear to follow, that even if the poster says the analyst IS/ SAID/ DID, it should automatically have the words 'in my opinion' placed invisibly in front of those views due to yahoo's reminder.

Good morning Steve,

You made a very good point and hopefully the Elan Eleven's attorney will try to use the Yahoo disclaimer as part of their defense.

I too am looking forward to follow up articles by our staff or a Dueling Fool on this subject. I wish I were an attorney because I would have loved to take TMF Max up on his gracious offer to Duel.:)

Best wishes,

Spirit

PS: I hope at least one member of Elan Eleven is reading this board and tries to get ACLU interested in their case.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.