Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 24
But typically, it's the Democrats who insist that a good and fair society requires taking care of people like that and not letting them "drop dead."

I’m not sure that’s entirely accurate. If someone has a drug or alcohol dependency, I’m totally in favor of giving them all the support they need to come back to earth, even multiple round trips, but I do not feel obligated to support them for the rest of their lives in the splendor they may demand.

This is not about making “a” bad choice. This is about ignoring all evidence in favor of a good choice, then stamping their heels and demanding that they have the right to infect everyone else, but then get to go to the front of the line at the hospital - including kicking other people out so they can be treated - because of their stupidity. (I am in this category, waiting on a semi-elective procedure which is on hold because the hospital is stuffed with Covidiots.)

As this goes on I have less and less patience for these people who claim to love freedom, but refuse to do the simplest things to insure that freedom for everyone.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.