Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
But what makes sense for an institutional (or hedgie) to do in the bond market isn't what generally makes sense for us small fixed-income investors.

This brings up an interesting question. If Lasry, via his hedge fund buys up 99.9% of a specific senior bond, and we (small fixed-income investors) buy the remaining 0.1% of it, what happens in the end? When the company defaults, and he (plus us?) take the entire equity, and then begin rehabbing the company in preparation to foist it on public equity markets again, what happens to our (small investors) share?
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.