Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
SEG seems to be moving to their 52 week low. Does anybody think this would be a good time to buy? If not now, at what level?
Print the post Back To Top
I just bought yesterday at $20. Taking a chance, but
I feel it is worth the risk now. Evie98
Your the only message back? No one else interested? I will continue to keep my eye on SEG looking for a little lower price.
Your the only message back? No one else interested? I will continue to keep my eye on SEG looking for a little lower price.
"When gross margins approach historic low
points hold your nose and buy. The background news will be very bad, but
fundamental recovery usually takes place within a quarter. The holding period
should be 6 months or longer. Twelve to eighteen months is even better."

How can this be done? Would you extrapolate from the last quarterly filing? Or should you go for different sources?
Read your message with regard to when to buy a disc drive stock. Not certain if I understand what you mean by gross margins: Is this the same as the profit margin on sales (ratio of Net Income to sales) or perhaps some other ratio. Please clarify.Thank you
<<
SEG seems to be moving to their 52 week low. Does anybody think this would be a good time to buy? If not now, at what level?
>>

On about November 15 1997 I started to take a look at WDC for bottom fishing and found $12 to be a target for SEG, QNTM and WDC. This is way below the 12 month low. With this news coming out of SEG, their trouble is not over.

Job cuts always cut into people they need to keep; there is little reason for top-notch bright young people to stay with a company with massive job cuts. Without these up coming stars, a company will go down hill.

SEG committed the sin of market share battle by expanding capacity knowing the disk drive uses less and less platters for higher and higher storage capacity. This is strategic error and cannot pass in a short time. Wait it out, it is not over yet.

Look the other sectors; MSFT, IBM and INTC have flat revenue. DELL is doing very well by taking market share away from competition. Do not think because DELL is strong, everything else is.