Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
The reader may be wondering what the difference is between stockpiling 22 long rifle and stockpiling 22 long rifle for a SHTF / Doomsday event?

When it comes to picking up a few boxes of 22 long rifle for plinking and hunting small game, hopefully one’s life does not depend on their rifle and choice of ammunition. During hard economic times, a lot of families across the nation depending on someone bring home a rabbit or squirrel.

So when it comes to stockpiling 22 long rifle ammunition, is it worth stockpiling slightly more expensive ammo over the cheap stuff?

Buy Cheap Stack Deep
In the prepping community, there is an old saying that goes like this – “Buy cheap and stack deep.” However, chances are the reader could tell stories of cheap magazines, and cheap ammo giving less than desirable results?

What kind of 22 long rifle do I stockpile? This is the only time I personally want to mention brand names. When it comes to my SHTF 22 long rifle ammunition, I stockpile CCI Stinger, CCI Mini-Mag and just about anything made by Federal. Everything is is pretty much plinking ammo.

More at:
https://www.alloutdoor.com/2019/01/21/comes-stockpiling-22-l...
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.