Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Buyer out there for everything and anything

February 15, 2012
What the ETF… is that George Bush?

...Termed a “no brainer” by the celebrity guest, XIE Shares ETFs launched today at a press conference at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Hong Kong. Hosted by CEO, Tobias Bland and Head of Beta Products, Paul So of EIP, the event was well attended by members of the Hong Kong press.
http://www.pr-ime-asia.com/what-the-etf-is-that-george-bush/...

I checked and not surprisingly the "no brainer" has done very badly. But what celebrity guest would be better to speak about no brains?

Tiny little Bitcoin and all the imitators get so much attention when the ETFs and other specialized garbage put together and sold gets very little attention. Well, Bob Bogle was on just after to say the very specialized ETFs are just another way to stock pick and we all know how well the average money managers does. And some of them are expensive.

Me, I am heavy into the new three month old MAGA ETF. It is what you would expect it to be.

How can I lose? I actually respect the Bitcoin nutters compared to your average money manager stock picker. The destroyers of wealth.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.