Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Not sure where to post this.

Home will be on the market soon. Selling mine, buying another. I do not need the cash from one to buy another.
I do not have a job that makes a lot.

How do I present an offer to a real estate agent as a real (I can afford it) offer?

They usually require letters from the loan officer that you are approved.

I would like to buy without disclosing a ton of information.

thanks
nag
Print the post Back To Top
Sorry,
I do have a job, that doesn't make a lot of income.
nag
The conversation went to your topic about 1/3 of the way through:
https://boards.fool.com/mortgage-34264158.aspx?sort=whole#34...
No. of Recommendations: 2
I do not need the cash from one to buy another.

People make all-cash purchases of houses all the time. In Honolulu, maybe half of all condo units are purchased that way. We used a letter from our broker verifying that we had the funds available in our account.

In Trump Tower, I understand that the Russkies do it simply by bringing along a briefcase packed with Benjamins.
Another way is discuss with your realtor. They will have suggestions. One way is to arrange a bridge loan. That causes review of your assets.
"Another way is discuss with your realtor. They will have suggestions. One way is to arrange a bridge loan. That causes review of your assets."
Why pay the fees, get a letter from your broker, that's what we did. (no charge)
No. of Recommendations: 4
Nag,

I had this issue 4 years ago - plenty of assets, no income. I wanted a mortgage because the interest rates were so low (3%).

My realtor and mortgage lender told me to set up an automatic withdrawal from my Fidelity account for enough income to qualify. When I did that, Fidelity generated a letter to that effect. No one knew what my net worth was and did not care as long as Fidelity gave me the letter.

Presented it to the appropriate "authorities" who approved the loan. After one payment, I cancelled the auto withdrawal in favor of the "I will manage it as needed" plan.

I did have to disclose a couple of years of tax returns, but that was it.

Good Luck.